My client is a leading national housebuilder and currently has a permanent opportunity for a Group Health & Safety Advisor to cover the Midlands. This requirement is due to expansion and organic growth. Please Note: This vacancy is to cover our Midlands, Lincolnshire, East Yorkshire and South Yorkshire regions. Ad-hoc travel to these regions will be required. We are welcoming applications from anyone within those areas. Ad-hoc travel to these regions will be required. We are welcoming applications from anyone within those areas. You will have a keen eye for detail, a tenacious attitude to compliance, and be able to work as part of a team to drive and improve standards.
Key duties are to:
• Regularly inspect construction activity on-site, ensuring compliance with the Group HS&E Policy and overarching HS&E legislation.
• Prepare a clear report following site visits by accurately recording any non-compliance.
• Ensure that the construction department rectifies any non-compliance issues, and escalates issues through the business management chain where appropriate.
• Carry out incident-led investigations and report applicable incidents to the Health and Safety Executive under RIDDOR.
• Prepare HS&E reports for the business and attend HS&E working group meetings, and where required business management meetings.
• Prepare health and safety plans.
• Review contactors’ RAMS and monitor contractor compliance.
• Provide HS&E advice, information, and training to the business.
• Previous experience working in a Health and Safety role within a housebuilding company
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate (essential)
• Relevant CSCS card (essential)
• Scaffold inspections training
• Temporary Works training
• Environmental management experience
You will be able to demonstrate
• Organisational skills, you will need to be able to manage your own time and meet targets and deadlines.
• Verbal communication skills, you will need to develop strong relationships with all levels of the business from site teams to senior management.
• Written communication skills, you will need to produce accurate reports and maintain both written and IT based reporting systems.
What is in it for you?
• A salary of £35,000 - £40,000 (some flex for the ideal candidate)
• Car or allowance
• Life insurance
• Annual bonus
• 28 Day holiday + bank holidays