Company Details & Job Overview:
Based on the outskirts of Warrington, across a multi-site operation in the UK, this global partner, who support the construction arena across the globe, are in a period of growth and transformation. With a strong heritage and a solid order book, they are seeking a technically astute Head of Finance to lead the finance function, adding value to the senior leadership team in a progressive environment. In return this business pride themselves on developing staff, and this Financial Controller role will be mentored by a commercially savvy FD who is keen to provide development for the successful individual.
Your New Role As Head of Finance:
As Head of finance you shall you shall lead the finance function of 4 whilst reporting into the FD. You shall develop and manage the team and hold responsibility for the day to day activities. Overseeing the production of management accounts, oversight of ledgers and the maintenance of financial reporting, you shall ensure the timely delivery of monthly and yearly accounting requirements. Seeking to enhance process and procedure, you shall seek to improve the ways of working and align process across the department. As Head of Finance you shall instigate chance in this area, utilising knowledge and the financial systems to enhance the detail available to the leadership team.
A hands-on role, working closely with the Finance Director, you shall promote collaborate working whilst leading from the front in the production of meaningful month-end packs.
Responsibilities will include:
• Overseeing and production of the monthly management accounting pack, providing commentary
• Overseeing the day to day financial activities including ledger management, payroll and credit control
• Supervision, development and management of personnel within the finance function
• Providing support to the Finance Director, taking part in management meetings with senior stakeholders
• Responsible for the production of financial reporting across multiple entities, reporting variances whilst delivering consolidated reports to Group.
• Responsible for the delivery of the consolidated accounts
• Assist in the production of the monthly forecasts and annual budgets alongside the FP&A Department
• Overseeing the delivery of the management accounts
• Overseeing intercompany activities at month end
• Review and sign off the balance sheet reconciliation files on a monthly basis
• Responsible for payroll reconciliation and reporting for selected entities
• Responsible for the delivery of the financial statements for the UK entities maintaining IFRS
• Be the primary contact for external auditors
• Continual development of process and procedure across all areas of finance, driving a culture of change and excellence in the department.
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
A leader and commercially astute accountant, you shall be qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar leadership role. A strong communicator with a proven track record of effective collaborative working, you shall have the confidence and technical ability to provide ongoing support and management of a small team. With the expertise to enhance process and procedure, you have the aptitude to instigate and drive change and question current ways of working to enhance process and procedure.
Salary & Reward On Offer:
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an international, successful business in a period of exponential growth. The senior leadership team are offering the guidance and support to integrate you in the business, on from this you will be presented with the opportunity to thrive and develop in a role to add value across the UK. With an enhanced benefits package, competitive salary and the opportunity to work on a hybrid arrangement, there is also scope to progress in your career .
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman – Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.