Company Details and Job Overview:
A construction business in Carlisle has partnered with Kenton Black Finance as they look to appoint a new Head of Finance. Reporting to the Directors of this family run business (approximately £20m turnover), this new Head of Finance role has been designed to lead the finance function and provide meaningful financial advice to aid effective decision making.
Firmly rooted in their market, the business has been operating for 55 years and continue to partner with some of the most known brands across the UK.
A full-time role is available, however a part-time working arrangement can be considered for the successful candidate.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• Competitive starting salary
• Flexibility around working hours
• Hybrid working
• 32 days annual leave entitlement including bank holidays
• 4% employer pension contribution
• Bupa healthcare
• Life cover
Your New Role as Head of Finance:
This Head of Finance role reports to the Directors, leading a team of 3-4 finance staff. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Providing financial leadership and support, being a key player in strategic initiatives and decision making
• Review of monthly management accounts, commentary and analysis
• Submission of statutory accounts, liaising with external auditors
• Develop accuracy of cash flow forecasts
• Production of periodic budgets
• Continual review and development of existing financial processes and systems
• Ensuring compliance with HMRC for VAT, CIS, PAYE and Corporation Tax
• Provision of ad hoc reports and analysis as required
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful Head of Finance will be fully qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) and ideally have knowledge of the construction industry. With strong leadership capabilities, you will be commercially minded with strong technical finance skills and the ability to mentor and develop a small team of finance staff. A comprehensive handover will be available from a consultant FD to ensure a smooth transition into your new role.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.