Company Details and Job Overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered with a privately owned construction SME in Carlisle to recruit a new Head of Finance. This newly created position has been designed to lead the finance function whilst providing strategic support to ensure effective business decisions are made.
With a turnover in the region of £23m, the business is well-known in the local area for 50+ years and is a supplier of choice for many brands across the UK.
My client is welcoming applications from candidates seeking a full time or part time role.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• Competitive starting salary
• Full time or part time working arrangement
• Flexibility around working hours
• Hybrid working
• 32 days annual leave entitlement including bank holidays
• 4% employer pension contribution
• Bupa healthcare
• Life cover
Your New Role as Head of Finance:
Reporting to the Directors, the new Head of Finance will enjoy an autonomous and varied role with duties including:
• Management of the finance team of 4, being responsible for their training and development
• Produce and review management reports and KPIs
• Lead the year end process, producing statutory accounts and manage the audit process
• Accurate management of cash flow
• Production of periodic budgets
• Ensuring HMRC compliance and other regulatory requirements
• Maintaining effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Develop existing processes and systems within finance
• Being a key player in decision making as part of the senior leadership team
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered, you will hold full accounting qualification (CIMA/ACA/ACCA), and knowledge of the construction industry is highly advantageous. Strong leadership capabilities are required, with the ability to effectively communicate and advise on financial information to a variety of stakeholders.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.