Company Details and Job Overview:
A unique opportunity has arisen within an interesting business in Lancaster who require a new Head of Finance due to recent retirement. This award winning, nationally recognised business prides itself on a strong company ethos of supporting communities and delivering an exceptional service.
The new Head of Finance will provide a high level of strategic input and oversee the day to day running of the finance team. A full time role is available, however my client is open to discussing a part-time working arrangement (3 or 4 days per week), and hybrid working is available with flexibility around working hours.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• A high degree of flexibility – working hours to suit the individual and hybrid working (typically a minimum of 2 days in their Lancaster based offices)
• Company pension contributions
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Ongoing opportunity for skills and career development
Your New Role as Head of Finance:
As number 1 in finance, this role reports directly to the CEO and leads a team of 6 finance staff. Specific duties will include:
• Lead the finance team, providing training and guidance
• Provide strategic and operational support to aid effective decision making
• Produce and present board reports and financial information including management accounts and reports
• Work closely with CEO to prepare business plans and budgets
• Ongoing development of existing financial systems and policies, ensuring robust controls
• Create forecasting models and budgets
• Management of cash flow
• Ensure compliance with all statutory and external requirements and regulations
• Being the primary point of contact for external auditors
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The ideal candidate will be proven in a similar level finance role with staff management responsibility. You will have demonstratable experience of providing strategic support, recommendations and financial advice at a senior level. Full CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualification is desirable. This is a varied role which will provide lots of opportunity to add value being a key player in driving continued business growth and success.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.