Kenton Black is excited to share an opportunity that becomes available due to an internal promotion.
We are looking for a Head of Hire to manage and direct hire operations for my civil engineering client. The role operates as part of the senior leadership team, supporting and contributing to the strategic direction of the business.
The role has full control of the Hire P&L and is responsible for driving the hiring agenda with a strategic focus on driving the healthy growth of the business and influencing the business. You will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and delivering a value-adding hire proposition.
We are looking at commutable locations in the west midlands area.
What will I be doing?
Financials - You will be strategically focused on the hire proposition, defining the strategy to increase market share and revenues, defining the hiring strategy, and agreeing on the direction for hire business in conjunction with the Board, ensuring it is designed and strategically focused on maximizing sales and profit.
People - It will be important, also, to establish strong and influential relationships within the business to drive and maximize the benefits of the hire proposition on customer service and sales and lead and motivate the hiring team, by taking a proactive role in recruitment, performance, and career management, creating adequate career and succession plans and opportunities.
Safety - Work with the stay safe team to ensure the hire business takes a proactive approach to all matters concerning Health and Safety.
What experience do you need?
• Ideally we are looking for someone who can demonstrate strategic management experience at a board level and has strong project management skills. Previous Tool Hire experience would be an advantage but not essential
• You’ll be able to solve problems quickly and be able to identify the root cause.
• You will have exceptional financial, commercial and operational awareness and be able to demonstrate where you have influenced others and moved towards a common vision or goal.
• You’ll be passionate with a strong drive to deliver and be tenacious, as well as flexible and adaptable.
What are we looking for?
• As an authentic and visionary leader, who can inspire and motivate colleagues, you will be highly motivated, innovative, tenacious, and be able to work in a fast-paced and fun environment.
• You'll also have a great level of commercial awareness, making clearly considered business decisions that will improve our branch network, driving efficiency, generate fantastic returns and seizing future opportunities.
• You will have exceptional customer relationship management skills and the ability to create and sustain long term partnerships. With a high level of supplier, competitor and market commercial understanding, you will be able to drive business growth to make a real difference to the bottom
What's in it for you?
• A salary of £70,000 - £75,000
• Company car