An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join a reputable civil engineering contractor, working across a regional range of utilities-focussed projects, looking after clean and wastewater throughout the Midlands. The schemes are focussed on the build and refurbishment of water infrastructure and, as such there will be need for transferrable experience.
Reporting into the Head of HSEQ, you will be:
• Supporting the Management teams to ensure that all works are planned and managed in a safe manner
• Reviewing, improving and approving Health and Safety plans
• Advising and coaching the workforce to improve best practice
• Monitoring and reporting Health and Safety performance
• Performing inspections and audits
You will well-versed in managing sub-contractors, controlling their safety output on-site and ensuring compliance across a diverse and challenging risk portfolio. This role would suit an ex-Site Manager or somebody from a trades background looking for a long-term career in H&S. You will be:
• An excellent communicator, comfortable building relationships on-site
• Self-motivator with strong organisation skills
• EUSR-qualified (Ideally)
• A member of IOSH
• Experienced in civil engineering hazards, particularly utilities
This is an excellent chance to join a growing company in an increasingly busy sector with great development opportunities. You will earn an extremely competitive salary of between £40-45,000 plus car and package and will be promoting the highest standards of Health & Safety performance and behaviour within the company and utilising your personal attributes to develop, maintain and improve standards.