A leading civil engineering contractor are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their department and help support the function during a sustained period of growth. You will play a key role in working with the board and helping to manage the operational Health & Safety team throughout their projects across the Southeast, working on a variety of Highways schemes. Due to the nature of the projects, you must have had experience in similar civil engineering environments.
Reporting into the SHEQ Manager, you will be:
- Developing risk assessments and method statements and maintaining management system documentation
- Experienced in site inspections and engaging site personnel in safety in challenging environments
- Well-versed with construction risk and identifying and mitigating on-site
- Aware of critical legislative changes and best practices to provide competent Health and Safety advice to the site stakeholders
Home-based, you will also have:
- A NEBOSH qualification
- Construction/Civil Engineering/Utilities site inspection experience (preferably within highways and infrastructure)
- A self-motivated and autonomous manner
- IOSH membership
- A desire to develop and progress
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with aggressive growth plans in the near future. They’re offering a very competitive salary of between £47-52,000 with excellent packages attached and the role represents an excellent chance for you work within a dynamic HSEQ department, delivering expert support on exciting and challenging schemes.