A leading utilities contractor are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to cover challenging, exciting heavy civil engineering schemes in London, across clean and wastewater works. You will be a strong character, providing daily support and driving the safety agenda in conjunction with the in-house Safety team.
Reporting into the Regional Head of HSE and project Director, you will be:
• Working with Site and Project Management to ensure compliance and improve understanding
• Instil a positive Health and Safety culture within the team to positive influence their thinking and actions
• Coaching site staff and engaging Safety on a challenging, multi-phase site
• Helping to develop and manage site infrastructure including temporary works
• Identifying areas for improvement whilst ensuring the smooth running of the site
You will be integral is ensuring the ‘basics’ are delivered on-site, in addition to identifying areas for improvement. You will be a proactive thinker who is visible operationally and improving workforce engagement in Health & Safety. You will also be:
• NEBOSH-qualified (ESSENTIAL)
• A strong character with a proven ability to influence change and be a champion of best practice
• Experienced with major civil engineering and utilities schemes (ESSENTIAL)
• Experienced in multi-faceted, large-scale construction sites (ESSENTIAL)
• Experienced in tunnelling (PREFERABLE)
You will earn between £45-50,000 (based on experience and suitability) plus package. Please get in touch if interested.