An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join a reputable groundworks contractor as Health & Safety Manager. They are bringing their H&S in-house from external support and need someone able to be proactive in managing processes and driving compliance across their operations.
Reporting into the board you will be:
• Managing the systems and driving continuous improvement in the implementation and maintenance of OHSAS 18001
• Reviewing, improving and approving Health and Safety plans
• Monitoring and reporting Health and Safety performance
• Managing sub-contractors and their performance whilst coaching a Health & Safety ethos out on-site
You will well-versed in coaching and mentoring personnel, controlling their safety output on-site and ensuring compliance across a diverse and challenging risk portfolio. You will be:
• An excellent communicator, comfortable building relationships from site to board level
• NEBOSH-qualified (preferably Construction certificate)
• Experienced in civil engineering hazards, particularly groundworks (ESSENTIAL)
• Well-versed in implementation and maintenance of management systems
This is an excellent chance to join a growing company in an increasingly busy sector with great development opportunities. You will earn an extremely competitive salary of between £40,000-50,000 plus car and package and will be promoting the highest standards of Health & Safety performance and behaviour within the company and utilising your personal attributes to develop and maintain standards.