Health, safety and environmental manager
Kenton Black Scientific is a recruitment partner to a global food testing laboratory based in Chipping Camden. They are currently looking to hire a Health, safety and environmental manager for their expanding team.
• Responsible for review and manage HS&E competence and awareness within the laboratory staff
• Provide technical advise to junior staff members and people management ( approximately 03 people)
• Deliver effective HS&E operating procedures with associated risk assessments
• Follow ISO standards when maintaining and delivering HS&E procedures
• Lead audits and inspections
• Staff inductions on incident investigations in order to identify root causes
• Ensuring that operational systems and equipment are fit-for-purpose and robust by maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of HSE legislation, safety issues, best practice, and new technical solutions.
• Responsible for collating HS&E data and providing interpretative management reports through internal and external audits
• Leadership of company safety representative activities to include safety coordination, fire safety and first aid roles
• A level or equivalent
• NEBOSH national diploma is essential
• Prepared to work towards Chartered Membership (CMIOSH)
• Experience in people management
• Experienced at identifying and implementing innovative approaches to risk reduction.
• Experience of working in a laboratory environment is highly desirable.