Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
Car or Car Allowance (including fuel card)
Package: Holiday, Pension, Healthcare, DiS, Discretionary Bonus
Area: Covering Yorkshire Region from a Sheffield Office
My Client are a National Civil Engineering and Groundworks Contractor that requires an experienced Health and Safety Manager for the Yorkshire region. This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to join a progressive and people focused business in its most developing region. Reporting to Regional Construction Director, you will implement and improve health and safety performance across all sectors of the business, as well as promote a positive, inclusive safety culture. You will spend a good deal of time on multiple civil sites interacting with the client and subcontractors.
• The Health and Safety Manager will be providing general Health & Safety advice specific to the business needs and continuously advising on safe systems of work.
• Ensuring that the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health, Safety legislation.
• Developing Health, Safety strategies and to maintain Company Policies and Procedures.
• Carrying out internal audits of the Health, Safety processes measuring performance.
• Carrying out internal and external site inspections
• Ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to
• Carrying out risk assessments ensuring all documents and method statements are up to date
• Increasing Health & Safety awareness to Managers and employees
• Provide training techniques and coaching sessions including toolbox talks and inductions.
• Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required as well as producing statistics.
• Ensuring Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment providing the necessary management support and technical advice as required.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE:
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (minimum requirement)
• CSCS Competence card desirable
• Experience of Civils / Groundworks Environment
• Clean UK Driving License
Apply now with an up to date CV or contact Dan Standish at Kenton Black (Leeds) for more info