A reputable main contractor is looking for a Regional Health & Safety Manager to strengthen their HSEQ function, covering the M1 corridor/South Yorkshire. You will provide SHE support via coaching and mentoring operations teams whilst delivering exciting and innovative projects throughout the region. Due to the nature of the projects, you will preferably have worked on Commercial or Industrial design and build schemes for a Main Contractor in the past.
Reporting into the Regional Head of Health & Safety you will be:
• Helping to integrate SHE systems into the mindset project delivery teams
• Building relationships on-site to ensure buy-in
• Identifying unsafe working procedures and providing workable solutions
• Drive continuous SHE improvement across the region
• Investigating accidents and incidents, producing detailed factual reports identifying root
causes and recommendations for improvement
• Promoting a positive Health and Safety culture throughout the business and promote Health
& Safety best practice, campaigns and innovation.
You will also have:
• Experience within a main contracting construction environment (ESSENTIAL)
• H&S Diploma-qualified (ESSENTIAL)
• Preferably experience of industrial, turnkey construction projects
• Good communication skills
• NEBOSH General/Construction (ESSENTIAL)
• An autonomous nature and driven attitude
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leader and a dynamic SHE team. They offer very competitive salaries (between £50-55,000) with excellent packages attached and the role represents an excellent chance to advance your career in Health, Safety & Environment.