Are you an experienced Health, Safety, Environment and Quality professional looking for a new challenge with a growing and reputable company? You have an exciting opportunity to join a reputable civil engineering contractor operating across the highways sector (providing a range of services including comms, lighting and EV infrastructure), as their Health & Safety Manager. Due to the nature of the projects involved, you will have demonstrable experience of construction/civils engineering/utilities environments and mitigating the risk in these environments.
Reporting into the Ops Director you will be:
• Provide operational safety, health, environment and quality support throughout the region
• Conducting site inspections and visiting various sites and integrate with the delivery teams
• Knowledgeable of management systems including ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001
• Understanding customer and business needs and requirements to develop effective HSEQ processes.
• Conducting health and safety reviews with clients to drive a collaborative approach to changes within industry
• Devising and reviewing specifications for products or processes
• Carrying out incident report investigations
• Driving best practice in a challenging health and safety environment
Knowledge of safety, health & environmental legislation and current construction practices is key. However this role calls for you to be dynamic and solutions-driven and a passion and desire to drive continuous improvement through innovation and ideas. You will also be:
• Dynamic and personable
• Able to engage with site teams with safety and health issues
• Driven and autonomous
• Exposed to working in the public highway
• Experienced in utilities, construction, telecoms or civil engineering projects
This is an excellent chance for you to help the company drive their Health & Safety culture. You will earn a competitive salary of between £50-60,000 (dependant on experience) plus car and package and will be instrumental in ensuring a homogenous approach to safety company wide.