I’m partnering with a leading specialist concreting sub-contractor looking to add a dynamic individual to their Health & Safety team, following a major boost in their pipeline of work for the next 5-10 years.
You will be an accomplished Health & Safety Manager with Highways, Roads or Civil Engineering experience, providing operational support and delivering highly competent Health & Safety advice across their schemes across Birmingham and the Northwest.
Duties & responsibilities include:
• Implementing Company and Health and Safety Policies and Procedures on site
• Ensuring compliance with National Highways procedures and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of key legislation.
• Liaising with site teams to ensure solutions for any Health & Safety procedures are provided
• Carrying out regular inspections and audits of sites
• Monitoring collation of H&S files and other handover documentation on schemes
• Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
You will have an excellent work ethic with an ability to drive a positive culture on challenging projects, comfortable with instilling health and safety confidence in lone workers and large gangs alike.
Key competencies include:
• Highways/Infrastructure/Civils experience with knowledge of National Highways/Highways England processes (ESSENTIAL)
• Health & Safety Diploma-qualified (NEBOSH/NCRQ/NVQ)
• An ability to build relationships with individuals from all backgrounds
• An ability to work autonomously and manage your own diary
You will earn an excellent salary of £50-60,000 plus full package and, with a robust pipeline of work ensuring job security and the very realistic chance of upwards progression in the near future, it’s a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and rewarding company.