My client is recruiting an experienced Civil Engineer with a background in volume house building.
The business is one of the UK’s most reputable builders with a 5-star rating and a reputation for building quality homes that are built to the highest of standards. With multiple regional offices throughout the UK and a culture of promoting from within, this opportunity presents the successful candidate an opportunity to develop and progress their career as an Engineer within the new build housing sector.
My client offers variety in terms of design, many sites being brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. Their drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required.
Most of the people in this team have an architectural or Engineering background, and for all, they offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
To undertake the Technical function on all technical, engineering aspects of the Division from land acquisition through to site completions and final adoptions. An ideal opportunity for a dynamic individual looking to progress in the field of house building engineering.
To be suitable for this opportunity you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
- Extensive experience of working within established development methodologies.
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the major functions within the Technical services and how they impact on site acquisition and development.
- Qualified to degree level or HNC/HND in a related subject with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge and aptitude to identify those issues which impact on land value or development costs and to make the correct ‘allowances’.
Salary and Benefits:
- Up to £55k dependent on experience and current position
- Company bonus scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Flexible working (2 days in the office)
- 25 days holiday
- Money purchase pension scheme
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
Please apply with your most up to date CV and contact Conner in the Birmingham Office