Are you an engaging and assertive HSE professional with the ability to build relationships at project level? A market-leading Principal Contractor are looking for you to join their operations in London on a prestigious scheme of works as Health, Safety & Environmental Manager. Due to the nature of the hazards, you will have experience in civil engineering or utilities, working across power ideally.
Providing strategic support on all HSE issues at client level, whilst retaining strong operational presence on a diverse construction project portfolio, you will also be:
• Managing a team of Advisors and their operational output
• Developing detailed action plans with time-scales, to implement the Strategy across the programme area
• Solutions-driven and keen to make a difference
• Assertive and able to work successfully with site management to engage on HSE issues
• Identifying and managing hazards across a varied risk profile from civil engineering to structural build and M&E
You must be a strategic thinker with the ability to develop the client relationships whilst placing continuous HSE improvement at the forefront across multi-faceted sites. You will also be:
• H&S Diploma-qualified
• CMIOSH or working towards
• A capable man manager and confident communicator
• Experienced in diverse and challenging construction projects, preferably utilities or civil engineering
• Accomplished at both strategic and operational level
• Knowledgeable at managing Environmental impact on-site (highly desirable)
This is an excellent opportunity to step into an integral role for a first-choice Construction Contractor, working on the multiple prestigious utilities schemes for years to come. You will earn an excellent salary of between £65-75,000 plus full package including car and bonus and from part of a dynamic Health, Safety & Environmental leadership team.