An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join a reputable regional civil engineering contractor, working across a regional range of utilities-focussed projects within the water industry. They have a fantastic reputation and a real family feel and you will have the chance to work on excellent schemes that shape the environment around us.
Reporting into the Head of HSEQ, you will be:
• Supporting the Management teams to ensure that all works are planned and managed in a safe manner
• Reviewing, improving and approving Health and Safety plans
• Monitoring and reporting Health and Safety performance
• Performing inspections and audits
• Coordinate and/or provide H&S training where required for the H&S team
• Coordinate, plan, track and implement Toolbox Talks, site briefings, awareness campaigns and other communication initiatives
You will well-versed in managing sub-contractors, controlling their safety output on-site and ensuring compliance across a diverse and challenging risk portfolio. You will be:
• An excellent communicator, comfortable building relationships on-site
• Self-motivator with strong organisation skills
• EUSR/SHEA-qualified (ideally)
• A member of IOSH
• Experienced in civil engineering hazards, particularly utilities
This is an excellent chance to join a growing company in an increasingly busy sector with great development opportunities. You will earn an extremely competitive salary of between £40-45,000 plus car/car allowance and package and will be promoting the highest standards of Health & Safety performance and behaviour within the company and utilising your personal attributes to develop, maintain and improve standards.