Coverage - Midlands
Role structure c90% site 10% Birmingham office
I have a brilliant career opportunity for an experienced health & safety professional who has hands-on experience working in the civil engineering/construction sector and ideally has led a team. This will be the lead position in the Midlands region so will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of the SHEQ strategy. This role will see you work on projects that include groundworks, fit-out, refurb, and build. There is huge potential for the successful candidate to manage a team within 12 months due to expansion.
• You will be the safety lead for health and safety matters ensuring a robust approach to risk assessment, audit and inspection.
• Developing and implementing all Health and Safety associated policies and procedures, amending and updating as required.
• Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with appropriate representatives of the Health and Safety Executive, Local Authority, and any other appropriate external bodies.
The Successful Applicant
• You MUST have a minimum of 5 years of safety experience for a main contractor
• It is essential that candidates hold a NEBOSH General Certificate, Diploma, or equivalent.
• Extensive experience working in Health and Safety within a construction environment.
• A proactive response to H&S matters.
• Able to implement new ideas and procedures across the site and be able to influence key stakeholders and colleagues to comply.
What's on Offer
• Salary of £50,000 - £55,000 depending on experience.
• Free car parking.
• Generous annual leave.
• Private health-care.