Company details and job overview:
With a global presence, acquisitional mind-set and leader in the field, this success story has opened the eyes of many across the globe and they continue to press for dominance. Head office is based in East Lancashire in a state of the art custom build facility which sits within easy commute from the M65 and local routes. A group of successful businesses they boast a raft of awards and accolades, and continue to thrive in a vibrant sector.
Competitive salary + Comprehensive benefits package
Your new role as Internal Controls Accountant:
The finance department is expanding. As part of a Business Improvement Team, this role shall play a critical part in helping the Group to bring both standardisation and better, more efficient ways of working across Finance and the wider company.
Following a string of acquisitions across the UK and abroad, they group have inherited a number of different processes and controls. This role shall play a vital role in measuring the performance of Finance, this includes monitoring and improving processes and internal controls whilst ensuring financial data is effective to impact the commercial decision making process.
Part of a new team, in a newly created role you shall work in a team and reporting into the Head of business improvement. Working alongside the finance function and shared services team you shall drive change to ensure the department is fit for purpose and ever evolving.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
• Ability to create strong relationships with members of the finance team to gain their trust.
• Strong IT skills especially Excel and PowerPoint.
• A proven ability to work with data and distil it into meaningful information.
• A solid understanding of Finance processes.
• To be able to identify problems and independently come up with solutions, proactively drive agreement on a way forwards with stakeholders and finally to execute the solution.
• Able to be inventive and creative in coming up with ideas and solutions.
• To be resilient and persistent in trying to find alternative solutions when a preferred solution is not possible.
• To be able to design ways to concisely report findings in a way that is clear and factual, setting out options with rationale for recommended solutions.
• Drive standardisation to ensure changes are implemented globally in a standardised way.
• To have a focus on operational impacts at all times and ensure that the work we do adds value to the business.
• Where appropriate, work on future acquisitions made by Group and measure their performance alongside the rest of the Groups using appropriate KPIs.
To be considered you shall have experience and knowledge of Finance processes and an understanding of processes related to ERP systems. Able to manage data you shall have a proven track record of improving the quality of data in a fast paced environment. Ideally Qualified (CIMA/ ACA/ACCA) you shall be proficient across IT, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Able to build and maintain relationships, you shall also have experience of operating in a relatively large, complex business.
Salary and reward on offer:
With a rewarding package on offer, and the ability to progress in your role, this position will be supported by continuous development in a thriving business in growth. An award winning business who pride themselves on providing a quality of service, you shall be surrounded by likeminded individuals who all strive to push the boundaries in an exciting and rewarding environment.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.