Are you a driven Environment and Sustainability professional looking to join a reputable and established Rail company? A leading contractor are looking for a Junior/Graduate Environmental Advisor to join their growing operation across the Essex region and beyond with a diverse project portfolio across Rail projects. This is a primarily field-based role with travel across multiple location to diverse and exciting projects. Due to the nature of the schemes, you will be degree (or equivalent) qualified in an Environmental discipline and will have demonstrable experience in Rail schemes or transferrable Civil Engineering or Construction processes.
Reporting into the Head of Safety & Sustainability you will be:
• Provide on-site advice and support to our operational teams on environmental matters
• Managing of sustainability & assurance across all projects
• Working with project teams throughout providing technical environmental and sustainability support
• Liaising with regulatory bodies and supply chain on any environmental permit, license, or consent requirements
• Producing internal and external reports as required, e.g. case studies, environmental and social performance reports
• Proactively improving performance by engaging with the management team and all staff
The company are renowned for adding value to strategic partnerships with clients and regulatory bodies and as such you must be a consummate professional with the ability to support and influence. Other key requirements for the role are:
• A degree in a relevant Environmental discipline
• Full UK Driving Licence (ESSENTIAL)
• Experience in an operational Environmental role within the Construction, Civil Engineering or Rail sectors (Preferable)
• Confident communication skills with great initiative
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an industry-leading group and driving their Sustainability agenda to drive continuous improvement throughout their Environmental impact. With a very competitive package of £27-30,000 (dependent on qualifications and experience) plus full package and fantastic development opportunities, this is an excellent role.