Job Specification: LCMS Analyst
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Position Type: Full-time
Company: A Biopharmaceutical Contract Research Organization (CRO) which is a leading provider of analytical services for the biopharmaceutical industry working in a modern state of the art analytical facility.
Overview: Within their biological characterisation team they provide GMP testing for client novel biopharmaceutical products utilising a variety of techniques to provide relevant data and develop new methods to support client research.
This team is currently looking for atalented LCMS Analyst to perform analytical testing using Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LCMS) techniques to support GMP testing for biologic characterization.
The LCMS Analyst will be responsible for method development, sample preparation, data analysis, and documentation to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of high-quality results to our clients.
This position will allow you to utilise and develop various cutting edge approaches for Biopharmaceutical characterisation such as peptide mapping and other proteomic approaches.
- Method Development: Develop and validate LCMS methods for the characterization of biopharmaceutical products, ensuring method suitability and compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Sample Analysis: Perform sample analysis using LCMS instrumentation, including sample preparation, data acquisition, and interpretation of results.
- Data Analysis: Analyse and interpret LCMS data, ensuring accuracy and precision in the quantification of analytes.
- Instrument Maintenance: Maintain and troubleshoot LCMS equipment, ensuring optimal performance and minimizing downtime.
- Quality Compliance: Adhere to Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines to ensure the highest quality and regulatory compliance of analytical data.
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive and well-organized records of all analytical work, including sample preparation, method development, and results.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure efficient project execution and communication of results.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvements and contribute to the enhancement of laboratory workflows and procedures.
Requirements – (Essential)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on industry experience with LCMS instrumentation.
- Previous industry experience working to GMP and GLP.
- Proficiency in LCMS data analysis software or LCMS data interpretation.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
Requirements – (Advantageous)
- Experience with biopharmaceutical characterization using LCMS.
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry-based protein analysis techniques.
- LCMS method development and troubleshooting.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional development.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Access to cutting-edge analytical instrumentation.
- Contribution to the advancement of biopharmaceutical research.
- Build strong relationships with big name pharmaceutical clients
Note: This job specification is a general outline of responsibilities and qualifications and may be subject to change based on the specific needs of the organization.