My client operates in the Electronic Consumer Good Industry. Due to an increase work load we are now looking for a Lead Engineer with a strong engineering background to join the Research and Development Department
The chief responsibility of this role will be to be the lead authority within the secondary sourcing team. Clearly communicating with different stakeholders to ensure technical progress of the project from concept to production. This person will be required to work within the clear and consistent framework for governance to ensure delivery within agreed constraints of time, scope, cost and quality.
This is a far-reaching role, with end-to-end accountability for multiple projects running concurrently. It is truly cross functional, international, works closely with 3rd party suppliers, and will require an experienced Lead Engineer with excellent communication skills and a background in engineering and consumer products.
This is a 12-month FTC position.
• Work Closely with the Project Manager and CTO on project status, schedule and deliverables.
• Drive cross functional project teams to ensure that product requirements and systems are implemented and validated through all phases.
• Aid the design phases, from design realisation, mechanical design, electrical integration, verification and validation.
• Work closely with Discipline heads to ensure project timescales are achievable.
• At least 5 years senior/principal engineer experience in a lean manufacturing background.
• Experience of running multiple projects and initiatives from inception to successful delivery and tracking in market.
• Extensive experience in engineering in consumer electronics business or similar.
• Specific experience with electrical components.
• Specific experience of full project lifecycle.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.