Lead Project Mechanical Engineer
12 month contract (possibility of extension)
This leading international developer of sustainable technologies is looking to add an experienced Mechanical Engineer to its high profile project, a major extension of an existing refinery, in North Hertfordshire.
Forming a central role of the Central Capital Project and Engineering Team, the successful candidate will be assigned to a specific project or projects within the portfolio and will provide oversight and direction of engineering execution activities including safety in design, design standards and on time on budget quality.
In this project critical leadership role, the Mechanical Engineer will ensure that capital projects from early concept and feasibility through to detailed design, build, commissioning and handover receives the appropriate guidance and direction to ensure that relevant Mechanical Engineering standards are understood, interpreted, and adhered to.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional membership of a recognised engineering institution
- Minimum 5 years' experience as lead engineer in front end engineering and detail engineering
- Proven track record of delivering large and complex engineering scope in a multi-stakeholder, multi-faceted brownfield site with fully operational process facilities
- Owner experience, managing and collaborating with EPCM contractors
- Knowledge and experience of capital projects and operations within highly regulated and high hazard industries
- Experienced with recognised industry standards - PD 5500, BS EN 13121/13923
To apply, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org