This is an exciting opportunity for a Lead Driller to join an experienced and enthusiastic team, delivering ground investigation and geotechnical services to a wide range of clients across the UK with the UK’s number one testing, inspection, and compliance company.
· To manage and supervise the safe operation of a ground investigation rotary drilling machine
· To supervise and ensure the safety of the Support Operative and any other work colleagues operating within the work area (point of work)
· To ensure efficient work practices in accordance with British Standards and Industry Guidance to meet required production levels/output
· To produce daily records and journals
· To work in accordance with the Company’s Policies and Procedures
· CSCS card
· NVQ Level II – Land drilling – Rotary
· Experience with rotary drilling techniques
· A full UK driving license with B+E (towing)
· Experience in UK ground investigation industry, aquifer protection, and instrumentation installation
· Dedicated approach to health and safety
· SSSTS desired
· First aid trained desired
· Excellent communication skills with Client representatives and internal personnel
· Maintenance and safety inspections of rigs and components
What's in it for you?
· Annual salary £30,000 - £40,000
· Competitive overtime rates
· Full technical training and on-going career progression
· Pension Contribution
· The job will involve national and potentially international projects requiring working/lodging away from home. We provide an attractive subsistence package in these cases.