Company Details and Job Overview:
A large and fast-growth service based organisation on the Fylde Coast have partnered with Kenton Black Finance as they seek to add a new Financial Controller into their finance team. With a current turnover exceeding £150m, the business is continually expanding and opportunity for fast-track career progression (within 3-6 months) will be available for the successful candidate.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
Working closely with a high calibre senior management team, you will gain excellent business visibility at board level with scope to add value in many areas. Alongside career development opportunities, key benefits include:
• A competitive starting salary depending on experience
• Annual salary increases and 6 monthly reviews
• Incentive and bonus schemes
• 25 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays
• Company pension, up to 5% matched
• Flexible working arrangements including flexi-time and hybrid working (2 days remote)
Your New Role as Financial Controller:
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will lead a team of 3 finance staff who are keen to develop their skills further. Specific duties will include:
• Ownership of the month end process including management accounts preparation, balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis
• Preparation of year end files, being the primary point of contact for auditors
• VAT returns and CT tax returns
• Cash flow forecasting
• Mentoring and developing the finance team
• Business partnering with key stakeholders within the business including senior management
• Attending periodic board meetings
• Providing various reports and ad hoc analysis to present to the Board
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
Full qualification for this position is desirable but candidates who are QBE with significant relevant experience will be considered. You will be technically strong with good commercial acumen and business partnering capabilities with staff management or supervision experience. Strong systems skills are essential including advanced Excel and knowledge of Sage 200 is advantageous.
To summarise, this Financial Controller opportunity provides a balance of technical and commercial accounting duties with opportunity to add value in many areas. Now is an exciting time to join the business as they continue on their growth journey, and genuine career advancement opportunities will be available for the successful candidate.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.