Company Details and Job Overview:
A specialist division within a large Group of businesses in Preston require an experienced Management Accountant/Finance Manager on a permanent basis.
Established for 150+ years’ the business has experienced exponential growth and there are plans for further expansion through organic growth and entering new and emerging markets.
This is an ideal opportunity for a forward thinking finance professional seeking a well rounded position within a very well established and reputable organisation, where career advancement opportunities will be available.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
“People” are at the heart of this organisation with employees being truly valued across the board. Alongside a competitive starting salary, the business offers its employees the following benefits:
• Comprehensive study package (CIMA/ACCA) and a dedicated mentor
• Ongoing training and development
• Generous annual leave entitlement, rising with length of service
• Company pension
• Healthcare benefits
• Subsidised on site staff restaurant
• Service awards and recognition
• Staff discount schemes
• Annual Christmas hamper for each employee
Your New Role as Management Accountant:
Reporting to the Finance Director, as Management Accountant you will enjoy a diverse and hands on role which will include many people/business facing elements. Leading a small team of transactional staff, your duties will include:
• Production of management accounts for a sizeable business unit
• Balance sheet reconciliations and production of the supporting review pack
• Management and development of management information systems and reporting to enable performance management
• Management and reconciliation of intercompany accounts
• Preparation of the annual budget
• Preparation of forecasts
• Business partnering with various key internal stakeholders to provide financial support
• Involvement in an upcoming ERP system implementation
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful candidate will be actively studying CIMA/ACCA or be fully qualified. You will be proven in a management accounting role within a busy finance setting and staff management/supervisory experience is desirable. You will demonstrate intermediate or advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, VLookups), comfortable in handling large data volumes. Additionally, you will be a strong communicator as you will be required to work cross-functionally and liaise with various other departments as well as finance colleagues.
To summarise, this is an all-encompassing Management Accountant position where there is genuine scope to develop your skills within a large and reputable business. You will receive an appropriate level of support from the Finance Director to allow a smooth transition into your new position where you can build autonomy and add value in many areas.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.