Company details and job overview:
Kenton Black Finance are delighted to be working with a highly successful manufacturing business in the North East. Due to continued growth our client is looking to recruit a Cost/Management Accountant to provide accurate and timely management and financial information and product costing data. This is a full time permanent position and is a pivotal role within a an extremely well established business.
Your new role as a Cost and Management Accountant:
You will join an existing finance team and will report to the Finance Director. This role plays a pivotal part of the success of the business and you will be responsible for management accounts, cost control and systems including extensive use of Excel for reporting and data manipulation.
Working Hours/ Days: Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm, Friday 8.30am – 4pm Friday, 30 minute lunch break (37 hours per week)
Variable Hours Scheme – the policy allows for a Friday finish time from 12 noon.
Day to day duties:
• Accurate performance monitoring and reporting.
• First point of reference for management accounting information.
• Assist the accounts team with month end work and accounts production.
• Monitor and report standard and actual costs of production & sales.
• Produce Sales and Cost of Sales monthly reports, investigate variances, and advise management of the results.
• Assist with the annual audit.
• Develop reports using MS Excel, SQL via Crystal and MS Power BI, and Sage Payroll.
• Energy, waste, packaging, and R&D data collation.
• Be comfortable working with large datasets and data manipulation.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
• A professional accountancy qualification, part qualified or QBE. (CIMA, ACCA, CA).
• Excellent IT skills including MS Excel to a very high level.
• Experience of manufacturing costing systems.
• Experience of SQL databases and reporting tools.
• Good communication skills.
• Good organising and planning skills.
• A flexible approach to hours.
• Experience of Javelin ERP system & Exchequer accounts.
Salary and reward on offer:
• Profit related bonus scheme
• 5 weeks holiday a year plus bank holidays
• Free life assurance
• On-site parking
• Supplied work wear
• Attractive Company Pension Scheme (10%+)
• Company Sick Pay Scheme
• Bike to work scheme
• Free and confidential employee assist programme
• Employee company council
This vacancy is being handled by Rachael West – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.