Company Details and Job Overview:
A well-established family business near Southport have partnered with Kenton Black Finance as they look to strengthen their finance function by recruiting a new Management Accountant. With a current turnover exceeding £50m and established for 80+ years, the business is firmly rooted in their market as a supplier of choice to a diverse customer base.
This Management Accountant opportunity would be an ideal move for a career driven ACCA/CIMA studier or finalist seeking a varied, hands on role within a fast-paced environment. There are succession plans in place for this role to develop into a more senior position within finance, with staff management responsibility.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
The successful Management Accountant will receive the following company benefits:
• Competitive starting salary depending on experience
• Monday-Friday full time role with flexible working arrangements
• Study package if required (CIMA/ACCA)
• Career advancement opportunities
Your New Role as Management Accountant:
As Management Accountant, you will report to the Finance Director and enjoy a diverse role spanning many areas of accounting. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of the monthly management accounts pack
• Bank account reconciliations
• Posting accruals, prepayments and journals
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Cash flow management
• Overhead analysis and reporting
• Supporting with budgeting and forecasting activities
• Supporting with year end statutory requirements including audit
• Stock management
• Involvement in various ad hoc projects including system developments and process improvements
• Working cross-functionally throughout the business, advising and challenging heads of departments on spend and variances to forecast
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this Management Accountant opportunity, you will have exposure to the above duties with a hands on and forward thinking approach to your work. Ideally you will be actively studying CIMA/ACCA or already be qualified. In a role where your ideas will be heard, you will thrive in driving positive change through reviewing and enhancing existing systems and processes. Ideally, you will be looking to take on more responsibility once established in your new position as the role is expected to grow within the short to medium term. Strong communication skills are imperative as you will be liaising with various internal stakeholders including directors. Additionally, strong systems skills are also required, including MS Excel and knowledge of Sage is advantageous.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.