Company Details and Job Overview:
A prestigious group of businesses in Preston have partnered with Kenton Black Finance as they seek to appoint a new Management Accountant. This is a new role which has been created due to a recent acquisition which has resulted in their revenue doubling. Future plans for the business look exciting and there are succession plans in place for this role to develop into a more senior position with staff management responsibility. There will be lots of opportunity to drive positive change, having strategic input and being involved in decision making.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• Ongoing support from an engaging Financial Controller
• CIMA or ACCA study package if required
• Private healthcare
• Company pension
• Full time hours are 37.5 hours per week with flexibility on start and finish times as required, suiting business needs
• 1-2 days remote working once established in the role
• Range of wellbeing benefits including a discounted gym membership
Your New Role as Management Accountant:
As Management Accountant, you will enjoy a diverse role working in a friendly team of finance staff. Reporting to the Financial Controller, responsibilities will include:
• Production of the monthly management accounts pack including commentary and analysis
• Supporting the FC with preparation of budgets
• Cash flow forecasting
• Preparation of VAT returns
• Assisting with year end accounting requirements and audit
• Reviewing and enhancing current processes as required
• Involvement in various significant projects including an upcoming ERP system implementation
• Overseeing the Accounts Assistants and Assistant Accountant, being responsible for their training and development
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The ideal candidate will be CIMA/ACCA qualified or actively studying and committed to qualifying. With good exposure to month end routine you will be a strong business partner, comfortable in delivering relevant insight and advice to various internal and external stakeholders. Systems orientated, you will demonstrate strong Excel skills with the ability to handle and manipulate large data volumes. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will be able to handle change and quickly adapt to new systems and processes.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.