Company Details and Job Overview:
A family owned construction business in Carlisle are looking to strengthen their finance team by recruiting an experienced Management Accountant. Established for 50+ years, this £20m turnover business boasts a customer base which includes many well known and prestigious brands across the UK. With excellent reputation, the business is regarded as a first choice provider resulting in high levels of repeat business and long term relationships.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• Competitive starting salary
• Flexibility around working hours
• Office based role with facility to work from home if required
• 32 days annual leave entitlement including bank holidays
• 4% employer pension contribution
• Bupa healthcare
• Life cover
Your New Role as Management Accountant:
As Management Accountant, you will work in a small, friendly finance team in a varied and hands on role working closely with Directors and Senior Management. Specific duties will include:
• Preparation of monthly management accounts
• Production of budgets and financial forecasts
• Cash flow management
• VAT returns
• Supporting and supervising the finance team (team of 3)
• Supporting with the year end statutory accounting process and external audit
• Business partnering and delivering financial information and advice to non-financial managers including QS, SHEQ and Commercial
• Review and enhance existing finance systems and processes
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this Management Accountant position, you will be competent in the above duties, ideally within a construction environment. Strong Excel skills are required and knowledge of Sage line 50/Eque2 is desirable. Additionally you will have experience of staff management or supervision, with the ability to mentor and develop junior finance staff.
To summarise, this Management Accountant role offers excellent variation with a combination of technical and commercial accounting tasks. You will have the opportunity to add value to the finance function and wider business in a role which offers a good level of business visibility.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.