Company Details & Job Overview:
Based on the outskirts of Blackburn, this fast paced, highly successful group boast a number of industry awards and are one of the fastest growth business units in the UK. Operating across the globe they offer state of the art offices, with a number of on-site facilities. Within easy commute from the M65, they are a business who strive on quality and actively seek to promote from within. With a number of areas in growth, they have a newly established position within the finance function. Seen as a local employer of choice the group offer a number of employment benefits.
Flexible working pattern (Core hours 5 days a week in the office)
Your New Role As Management Accountant:
A newly created role this Management Accounts position will join an established, expanding Finance Team. As part of the UK finance function you shall be responsible for the production of monthly management accounts. Reporting to the Finance Manager you shall work alongside experienced and knowledgeable senior finance professionals.
Main role duties:
• Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are prepared on a monthly basis, and that all balances are correct and differences investigated.
• Support variance and trend analysis.
• Production and posting of key journals including accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income.
• Support the commercial finance team with information and performance analysis to assist decision making for local teams.
• Develop robust processes and controls to ensure risks are managed appropriately in line with Group requirements.
• Support in the production of accurate monthly and quarterly flash results for Financial Planning and Commercial teams.
• Assisting in year-end statutory audit process.
• Other ad hoc projects as required by CFO, Finance Director or Financial Controller.
• Support the fixed asset finance team with information and guidance for project accounting.
• Manage a team of two trainee accountants and assist in their development, taking ownership of your teams work and outputs.
• To become the main point of contact for financial support and queries on property accounting.
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
To be considered for this role you shall be a qualified accountant (CIMA ACA ACCA) with experience in a similar management accounting role. With strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills you shall have also supervised juniors in finance and have the ability to proritise workload in a fast-paced environment.
Salary And Reward On Offer:
With a competitive salary you will be working alongside like-minded professionals in an environment where there is opportunity to develop and progress. There are many on-site facilities and the office space is a collaborative area where divisions and departments facilitate and welcome interaction across all levels. There are a number of benefits and as the business continue to grow, so to will the ability to add value in a fast-paced, award winning business.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.