Company Details & Job Overview:
Based in Chorley, just off the M61 and within easy commute form surrounding towns and the M6, this successful and well established construction and specialist civil engineering group have grown in size and are currently seeking an office based Management Accountant to strengthen the finance function. The business offer a number of rewards, early Friday finish and flexible working. With a number of high profile clients they operate across the UK and continue to acquire new business units. Known for providing a quality product, with a solid reputation in the market they also boast a strong foothold in a highly competitive market.
Your New Role As Management Accountant:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this Management Accounting role is responsible for the effective and timely processing and production of management information to support strategic decision making. You shall take the lead on the production of financial and management information and reporting packs whilst being responsible for the supervision of the Purchase Ledger team to ensure an efficient and robust process for the business. Contributing to the annual budgeting process, year end close and audit, your time management will ensure deadlines are adhered to at all times.
Main role duties, Management Accountant:
• Production of monthly managements accounts including profit and loss statements by department
• Supervision of the Purchase Ledger team – improving the process, following the introduction of ‘Capture’ invoice processing software, and help drive adoption of Goods Receiving in the wider business following introduction of GRN reporting
• Submit CIS returns monthly
• Producing ad hoc reports as required by the management team
• Review payroll and assist when required
• Produce recharge invoices for intercompany transactions
• Review of credit card and expense claims for employees
• Preparing year-end file for audit and dealing with queries
• Resolve and correct queries and discrepancies both internally and externally when required
• Review and submit quarterly VAT Returns
• Accruals, prepayments, journal postings, review daily tasks undertaken by Assistant Accountant, providing support where required
• Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
• Cash flow forecasting
• Facilitate continuous improvement of finance processes and support the implementation of new processes and software
• Ad hoc duties including assisting the Finance Manager
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
You shall be formally qualified, or studying towards ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualifications. Having held a similar position in a fast paced environment, you shall maintain a strong technical skillset, and be able to remain focused and hands-on in a role to add value to the decision making process. You shall have supervised, or managed ledger staff and have strong attention to detail, with strong analytical skills and excel capability.
Salary And Reward On Offer:
With a competitive salary, the ability to add value and the scope to progress, this role will provide a platform to develop further in your career. A strong set of benefits accompany the role for a permanent post and you will be rewarded with an early Friday finish, and flexible working.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.