Company Details and Job Overview:
A dynamic group of businesses have experienced impressive growth and as a result have created a new Management Accountant role within their finance team. It is an exciting time to join the business as they continue their growth journey through entering new and emerging markets, as well as having recently won a number of significant contracts.
This opportunity is well suited to a CIMA/ACCA/ACA studier, finalist or newly qualified seeking an all-encompassing role which includes many commercial elements including decision making involvement. There are succession plans in place for this role to develop into a more senior position in the longer-term.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• Competitive starting salary which will be reviewed periodically
• 25 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays
• 5% matched pension contribution
• Flexible working arrangements
• Various healthcare and wellbeing benefits
• Ongoing training, development and opportunities for career progression
Your New Role as Management Accountant:
Reporting to the Financial Controller, as Management Accountant you will enjoy a varied role which includes a variation of technical accounting and commercial duties:
• Ownership of monthly management accounts production
• Production of periodic budgets
• Cash flow management and forecasting
• Assisting with year end statutory accounting requirements including audit
• VAT return preparation
• Maintaining fixed asset registers
• Management of inventory and input to product costings
• Provision of detailed KPI reports, identifying opportunities for improved performance and processes
• Overhead analysis and reporting, challenging heads of department on spend and variances to forecast
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The ideal candidate will be actively studying or already qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), with proven ability in a similar Management Accounting capacity. Strong business partnering capabilities are pivotal with the ability to deliver financial information, challenging budget holders where necessary. Strong IT skills are also required, with good Excel knowledge including pivot tables and Vlookups. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be career driven with the desire to further develop their skills within finance as this role is expected to grow into a more senior position longer-term.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.