Company Details & Job Overview:
Based in Central Lancashire, this highly acquisitional IT based organisation are seeking a talented finance professional to join an expanding group in a newly established role. A hybrid position, leading on the group reporting, this role is also tasked to add value across the wider group. A varied and diverse position, this role shall support further growth and also assist in the consolidation of accounts for newly acquired business units into the group. The organisation are in a strong financial position and have a successful track record spanning many years in the sector they operate
Salary and Enhanced Benefits include:
Competitive salary and benefits package
Your New Role As Reporting Accountant:
Reporting to the CFO and leading the Portfolio Finance team this role is responsible performing the Portfolio consolidation, producing financial statements, and managing the internal audit process. Additional areas of involvement will involve providing information key to internal stakeholders, while meeting the requirements set by accounting standards.
Main role duties:
Consolidation and reporting to Corporate Finance team:
• Consolidation and review of Portfolio financial data (IFRS) on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis and submission to our Corporate Finance team based in Canada.
• First point of contact for Portfolio queries & adhoc requests from the Corporate Finance team and internal audit.
Portfolio responsibilities and relationship with local Finance teams:
• Support local regional based Finance teams during the month/ quarter and year end close process and quarterly forecasts.
• Prepare monthly & quarterly Portfolio management packs with commentary for the Executive and Senior management teams.
• Prepare quarterly consolidated Portfolio forecast reports for the Executive management team.
• Prepare monthly management fee allocations and recharges.
• Prepare quarterly forecast for management fee allocations.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly accounting and reporting for the Portfolio investment entity (UK based).
• Line management of the Portfolio Finance Analyst.
• Standardisation & optimisation of Accounting /reporting practises and systems efficiency
• Ad-hoc project work.
Statutory reporting :
• Responsible for statutory financial statements, tax and audit for the Portfolio investment entity (UK based).
• Lead role in any UK based statutory change implementations e.g., HMRC regulations on Transfer Pricing.
Audit and internal controls:
• Lead and co-ordinate internal audit/peer review process for entities across the Portfolio.
• Training of Finance teams in corporate accounting policies and business knowledge.
• Lead role in ensuring the Portfolio is compliant with internal control requirements and in adherence to our internal approvals matrix
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered you shall be an experienced Finance professional with high integrity and energy, who is driven and self-motivated to succeed and deliver. Highly analytical, with audit experience and excellent communication skills, you shall have the skills and experience to work with stakeholders across
the company. Fully qualified (ACA, ACCA) with relevant experience in the areas listed on the job description experience and background in Audit are essential. With experience of Group Consolidation you shall also have strong functional and technical knowledge of IFRS. With an ability to deliver high quality results under a strict reporting schedule, you shall have the skills to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of appropriate solutions.
Salary & Reward On Offer:
With exposure across the organisation, this role will enable personal development in a fast paced, dynamic environment. As the business continues to grow so too will your exposure to the leadership team. With scope to travel where suited, you will also be part of an international organisation in high growth where those who are seeking progression have the opportunity to do so.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.