Managing Quantity Surveyor
HS2 / Highways
A top civil engineering contractor is looking to recruit a Managing Quantity Surveyor with highways, rail and general civils experience to work on a HS2 related project in Oxfordshire.
This is an exciting opportunity, ideal for a Managing Quantity Surveyor from a civil engineering background who has in the region of 2 to 4 years management experience that is looking for a company to grow and progress with into more senior positions.
• Management of a Senior Quantity Surveyor and overall responsibility for package of works.
• Control of commercial matters on several projects including production of cashflow and forecasting.
• Procurement, selection and management of subcontractor accounts from award to final account.
• Completion of monthly valuations submitting applications as required by the company/Contract requirements.
• Valuation of variations, preparation and submission of quotations/compensation events as required.
• Monitoring of the contract programme identifying/raising early warnings/potential variations/quotations.
• Liaising with the Client/Client’s representative on commercial issues
• Carrying out internal cost value management of projects producing monthly project management reports for review with senior management
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels
• Confident when working autonomously
• Strong time management skills
• Strong leadership style
• Good problem-solving skills and creative flair
• BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying or related)
• Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience
• Computer literate – Word, Excel, MS Project, Conquest or similar estimating packages
• Experience in NEC3/JCT/ICE forms of contract.
Salary & Package:
• Between £65,000 - £80,000 per annum (dependent on experience) plus package
• Genuine career progression prospects
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Chris Wright on 0330 055 2229