Company Details and Job Overview:
A large, multi-site manufacturing business in Cumbria require an Operations Accountant to join their finance function on a full time basis. With a turnover of approximately £150m, the business employees almost 1,500 staff across various international locations, both in the UK and overseas.
With people being their greatest asset, the organisation boasts an excellent culture where staff are truly valued at all levels.
This is a diverse role which offers lots of people interaction through business partnering, and remaining hands on in financial duties.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
The successful candidate will receive:
• A competitive starting salary (£45,000 - £50,000
• 25 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays
• Company pension, matched up to 9%
• Income protection
• Death in service, 4 x salary
• Family health care cash plan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted gym membership
• Company sick pay
• Free on site parking
Your New Role as Operations Accountant:
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role works closely with the manufacturing staff on plant and includes the following duties:
• Management of inventory
• Reviewing plant efficiencies
• Management of manufacturing overheads
• Management of fixed assets
• KPI analysis and reporting
• Supporting in the production of budgets
• Developing existing reporting and analysis tools in line with continual improvement initiatives
• Assisting with monthly management accounts/month end routine
• Supporting with year end statutory requirements, liaising with auditors
• Leading various financial projects as required
• Line management of the Operations Analyst
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The ideal candidate will be CIMA/ACCA qualified with exposure to a manufacturing environment. Strong analytical skills are imperative and you will be a confident communicator as you will be required to work cross-functionally with a range of stakeholders. Knowledge of SAP or Hyperion is desirable and you will have strong Excel ability, comfortable handling and manipulating complex data sets.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.