Operations Manager - Permanent Role - £75-85k+ DOE - Regional Civil Engineering - Leeds
Our client is a regional contractor based in West Yorkshire. Operating predominantly throughout the Yorkshire and Humber regions carrying out a wide range of civil engineering works within the private and public sectors. A vacancy has arisen within our clients Operational Teams for a Contracts Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects ranging in value from £100k to £12m, working as principal contractor to developers and local authority clients and as subcontractor for main contractors. Spread across the different sectors projects will cover, highways, structures and groundworks.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who thrives on success. A team player who working collaboratively with the site teams will successfully deliver contracts within in line with our business objectives of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility and Excellence
• Preferably Degree qualified with professional membership
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role
• Engineering background
• Good knowledge of NEC suite of contracts
• Relevant experience in civil engineering
• A proactive approach with good communication skills.
Working with project teams you will be primarily responsible for overseeing the management of allocated contracts incorporating:
• Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedural compliance
• Management and leadership of delivery teams
• Planning & programming
• Client/third party liaison
• Compliance with Client’s specification
• Change control and overall financial responsibility
• Effective management of resources
• Providing support to the project teams
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role successfully delivering civil engineering projects through the whole project life cycle covering earthworks and remediation, infrastructure and highways, structures and bridges.
Experience at pre contract stage would also be an advantage with experience in
• Technical writing for tender submissions and pre-qualification questionnaires
• Formal presentation at client technical interview.
• Assisting in the estimating and pricing of tenders
• Appraisal and evaluation of tender documents
• Identification of construction methods & techniques and temporary works requirements.
Salary – Dependant on Experience
Company car or car allowance £8000 pa
Pension scheme up to 5%