Packaging Technician – Pharmaceuticals/Clinical Trials
Working with one of the most innovative laboratory businesses worldwide, we’re on the lookout for a Packaging Technician to be based at their state of the art pharmaceutical lab on the Wirral.
As a Packaging Technician, your responsibility would be as part of the clinical trials team, assembling kits to be sent to participants. As you can imagine, this job requires ultimate attention to detail!(!!)
The ideal person we’re looking for looks a little like this, although this list is exhaustive so please don’t be put off:
- Experience of operating and closing down primary, secondary and clinical kits production operations.
- Experience of maintaining equipment cleanliness, material receipt and control, label and product accountability confirmation, automation set-up and correct functioning, conduct in-process tests and post-operation equipment strip down and clean.
- Construct clinical trial kits in accordance with strict protocols to maintain blinding integrity.
- Understanding in equipment validation and system user acceptance testing as required.
- Experience of using electronic batch documentation, equipment log books and other documentation relevant to the production process for all stages of production for both product and labels.
- A working knowledge of relevant electronic system operations, including SAP, temperature monitoring and product stability information systems would also be beneficial.
- Experience with GMP related quality standards of relevant packaging, label authoring, printing and inspecting within a logistics environment.
- Understanding of the internal and external regulatory environment pertinent to clinical trials and pharmaceutical development and support internal audits and regulatory inspections is required.
- Experience of blinding principles and conducting in-process controls to maintain blinding integrity is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and to form strong working relationships with both internal colleagues and external partners.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be capable of developing solutions to problems as part of a team.
- To ensure uniformity, reproducibility, and reliability in all work practices.
- Willing to operate in a flexible manner and be able to switch priorities at short notice.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Enjoys the challenges of working in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Has the ability to prioritise, manage own time and handle a diverse workload.
For your troubles, this opportunity comes with other cool stuff along with a monthly salary:
Holiday Purchase Scheme
Operational Development Programme (they’ll try and make you better at your job!)
Life Assurance (not sure why this is a selling point, but be sure to tell any siblings you may have!)
Company Pension Plan
Employee Assistance Programme (human alarm clocks not included)
Free car parking
Worldwide career opportunities
The salary is £24k+bonus and comes with a flexible shift pattern between the hours of 7amto7pm Monday to Friday so if you’re an early bird: 7-3pm or if you prefer an 11-7 I promise no one will judge you for it!
Best of luck in your job search.