Part Time Payroll Assistant
Company details and job overview:
Based at the Head Office in Warrington my client is looking to recruit a Part Time Payroll Assistant to join their existing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking company that provides bespoke services to the care industry. The company is growing, and both offers long term security and progression.
Key Benefits/Rewards on offer:
28 Days Holiday-Pro Rata, company contribution pension scheme, regular company and social outings. Free parking, company incentives and much much more
Hours : Part-Time – 24 Hours Per Week Mon 8:30am to 5:30pm Tuesday 8:30am to 5.30pm Wednesday 8:30am to 4:30pm
£21,715 pro rata - £10.44 Per Hour
Your new role as a Payroll Assistant:
As the Payroll Assistant you will work closely with the Finance Manager. The business will depend upon you to facilitate the payroll system for the company. You need to be self-motivated and focused with a keen eye for details. You will be an excellent communicator, problem solver with excellent time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritise workload.
Day to day duties:
- Production of payslips for high volumes of employees
- Assessing and ensuring accuracy of National Insurance and PAYE on payslips
- Ensuring new starters are added to the payroll system accurately
- Ensure P45/ P46/New starter form information is correctly input and disclosed
- Ensuring personal deductions are correctly calculated and deducted from payslips (CSA/Attachment of earnings)
- Maintaining relationships with employees and line managers to ensure payroll accuracy
- Ensuring that payroll deadlines and requirements are successfully met
- Query management and resolution
- Ensure all starter packs are sent to new employees
- Keep abreast of legislation changes
- Maintain Payroll inbox
- Processing of employee expenses
- Ensure all HMRC Documentation is submitted in a timely manner
- Consistently providing an excellent level of customer service
- Understand and demonstrate our commitment to our clients and our team by following our core principles: our mission, our values, our vision.
- Ensure that all MI reports are delivered precisely and in a timely manner to relevant team members and clients
- Issue any legal documents as and when required
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
- Previous and recent Payroll experience
- Knowledge of Sage Payroll
- Knowledge of Xero
This is a great role and offers the successful candidate, long term career progression, excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with a team who are supportive and professional.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachael West – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.