Company details and job overview:
Based in Walsall my client, a engineering specialist working across the utilities, infrastructure and building sectors is looking to recruit a new Payroll Manager to join their HR team. This will be a full time position.
Key Benefits/Rewards on offer
You will be paid a competitive salary and excellent company benefits are on offer.
Your new role as a Payroll Manager:
As the Payroll Manager you will report into the Head of HR and oversee a Payroll Assistant. You will join the HR team as the senior contact for payroll and will be responsible for supervising the Company payroll function, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately and in compliance with government regulations. As this role interacts with all employees, the position requires high customer service and engagement level.
Day to day duties:
• Ensuring knowledge of legislative changes about payroll, pensions are kept up to date and communicate them to the Head of HR promptly to proactively commence any relative payroll/system changes
• Responsibility for the monthly payroll, ensuring statutory and contractual compliance and accuracy
• Dealing with new starter process, termination payment, pensions, benefits, SMP, SPP
• Responsible for the production and reporting of payroll journals
• Responsible for payroll calculations and reporting e.g., P11D, Class 1A, P46, P60
• Reconciliation of payroll deductions and payments
• Production and reconciliation of the tax year-end and submission to HMRC
• Responsible for van declarations and processing
• Resolve queries efficiently whilst providing a high level of customer service
• Effective management of the holiday booking system and the flexible benefits platform by working closely with the benefit provider
• Supervise the payroll assistant with the weekly payroll to ensure an accurate and efficient service
• Responsible for the pension enrolment process and subsequent payments and reporting
• Liaise with the finance team as and when required regarding e.g. any projects, monthly reporting processes
• Responsible for providing payroll information for internal and external auditors and supporting the commercial manager with client audits
• Adhere to GDPR when dealing with sensitive information
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
• Experience in a Payroll Manager or Supervisory role
• CIPP or Qualified within Payroll/Pensions
• Advanced Diploma in Accounting
• Previous experienced of managing a payroll of 1000+
• Fully upto date with payroll legislation
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll Supervisor or Manager to join a reputable and successful business which is extremely well established.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachael West – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.