Company details and job overview:
Kenton Black Finance are delighted to be an acquisitive business in the Altrincham area. This business has gone from strength to strength in the last 2 years and has acquired several business across the UK. Due to growth, they are seeking to employ a Payroll Officer to join their team.
Your new role as a Senior Payroll Officer:
The Payroll Officer is a key role working within the finance team but liaising with many departments within the business. As the Payroll Officer you are required to process Group payroll working through each brand’s information in a structured, accurate and timely manner utilising the payroll system to creates and maintain employee payroll records. Calculations of monies due and applicable deductions based on employee attendance, timesheet records to capture call out, overtime, private mileage and expenses. All aspects of administration to support smooth operations must be demonstrated and all behaviours in support of our values must be evident throughout your employment.
Working Hours/ Days: Full time
Day to day duties:
• Processes to group payroll every pay period
• Maintains payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data from relevant key stakeholders and data sources
• Computes employee take-home pay based on time records, benefits, and taxes
• Answers employee queries in relation to salary, deductions, attendance, and time records
• Ensure all leave is accounted for on all payroll documentation and payment is made at average earning levels
• Work with HMRC in relation to any tax or statutory leave query
• Adheres to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant legislation Identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
• Honours confidentiality of employees’ pay records
• Complete payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review
• Determines organisation’s tax obligations by calculating national and council taxes as well as National Insurance contributions
• Performs the distribution of payments through issuance of online payments and DD to employees’ bank accounts
• Enters payroll information into central system for processing to ensure timely and accurate payroll reporting.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
• Previous experience in a Payroll position
• Experience in the use of payroll systems
• Upto date knowledge of payroll legislation
• Good Excel skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work to deadlines with a high level of accuracy
Salary and reward on offer:
An excellent salary offered for this role, along with great company benefits.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachael West – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.