Company Details and Job Overview:
Based in the Leyland area, within easy commute from the M6, my client is a growing and established business. They are seeking to appoint an experienced Payroll Officer to join their existing team.
Your New Role as the Payroll Officer:
• To provide a timely, accurate, and efficient payroll & pensions service, covering all aspects of operational delivery, liaising with our outsourced payroll management company.
• Responsible for the processing and submission of all payroll related information and returns (starters, leavers, changes, timesheets and expenses claim, sickness, maternity and paternity claims, salary sacrifice scheme changes etc).
• To conduct regular checks to ensure the integrity of the payroll database.
• To be responsible for uploading and updating payroll changes
• To deal with enquiries from employees, management and external contacts in person, by telephone or in writing.
• To provide payroll information to assist in the reporting of statutory data.
• To maintain up to date and comprehensive guidance notes on payroll procedures.
• To assist in identifying, investigating, and resolving any discrepancies to support the completion of all payroll reconciliation processes undertaken by the finance team and/or internal/external auditors.
• To assist in the annual preparation of staff information
• To provide information to facilitate the incremental cycle for staff and produce the supporting documentation e.g. annual pay statements and incremental pay progression
• To keep knowledge up to date and current in relation to payroll legislation and practice
• To develop and foster a customer focused approach to service delivery, dealing with all general queries surrounding pay or Access HR system.
• To demonstrate a calm and professional attitude at all times whilst maintaining professional relationships
• Work as part of the wider corporate service team and to support the Human Resources function
• This job description sets out the main duties and responsibilities of this post at the time of drafting. It cannot be read as an exhaustive list. It may be altered at any time in consultation with the post holder.
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
• You are highly organised, proactive and an effective communicator
• You have good attention to detail
• You are willing to work as a member of a team
• You have good time management
Salary and Reward of Offer:
• We have a focus on staff wellbeing, providing access to wellbeing support services via a dedicated wellbeing website
• Free on-site parking
• Guidance of a supportive and experienced executive leadership team who invest in the development of their teams
• 50% off Children’s Holiday Camp
• Encouragement of further and continued professional development
• Fantastic Pension Scheme
This Payroll Officer vacancy is being handled by Carl Angilly – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.