Tier 1 Civil Engineering Contractor
We are currently recruiting a Planner for a market leading Tier 1 main contractor in the Solihull area of Birmingham to work on a major highways scheme.
The project is valued in excess of £200 million and features improvements to the M42 motorway. The scheme, delivered on behalf of National Highways, provides a comprehensive upgrade of the junction near Birmingham Airport, allowing better movement of traffic on and off the A45.
• A new 2.4km dual carriageway link road
• A new junction on the M42 motorway, Junction 5A
• A new pedestrian footbridge over the A45
• Demolition of the existing overbridge and construction of a replacement bridge
• Realignment of the existing local road network
In this role you will be working with the project planning team to develop, maintain and update the project programme. Working closely with the site team and our clients’ suppliers, clearly communicating sections of the programme in a way that suits the user, managing the short-term programming and imputing progress into the master programme.
• Civil Engineering background (desirable)
• Understanding of various forms of construction documents, contracts and specifications
• Experience working as a Planner for a main contractor
• Relevant project experience
• Relevant CSCS Card
• Degree / HND / HNC in Construction / Civil Engineering (desirable)
• £50k basic salary (dependent on experience)
• Company car or £5,000 car allowance
• Healthcare (partner included)
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays (option to buy back more days)
• Above market rate pension scheme
• Retail discounts, cashbacks, rewards…
To find out more please contact Chris Wright at Kenton Black’s Birmingham offices.