Tier 1 Civil Engineering Contractor
£47,000 basic salary plus package
We are currently recruiting a Civils Planner for a market leading Tier 1 main contractor in the Newark-on-Trent / Nottingham area to work on a major highways scheme.
The project will see the existing single carriageway widened to dual carriageway, requiring the construction of widened embankments, ground improvements, two river bridges, three rail bridges, a new crossing and a grade separated junction.
Our client has been appointed as the Delivery Integration Partner for the scheme and will work with their design partner to develop a preliminary design to take through the Statutory Process and deliver on site.
As a Planner the purpose of this role is to work within the project planning team to develop, maintain and update the project programme. Working closely with the site team and suppliers, clearly communicating sections of the programme in a way that suits the user, managing the short-term programming and imputing progress into the master programme.
• Past experience working for Civil Engineering main contractors as a Planner
• Understanding of various forms of construction documents, contracts and specifications
• Relevant project experience (major highways schemes)
• Relevant CSCS Card
• Degree / HND / HNC in Construction / Civil Engineering (desirable)
• £47k basic salary (dependent on experience)
• Company car or £5,000 car allowance
• Healthcare (partner included)
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays (option to buy back more days)
• Above market rate pension scheme
• Retail discounts, cashbacks, rewards…
• Hybrid working
To find out more please contact Chris Wright at Kenton Black’s Birmingham offices.