Job Title: Principal Scientist
Salary: competitive salary (revealed upon discussion with me)
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Principal Scientist to join our team. The Principal Scientist will work with cross-functional teams and departments to deliver multiple projects under the close supervision of a Senior Team Leader. In addition, the Principal Scientist will ensure that adequate resources and equipment are available.
The Principal Scientist will be responsible for:
• Leading and monitoring the analytical progress, interpretation, documentation, and reporting of data results
• Providing technical expertise in various analytical techniques, including method development and validation, and training less experienced laboratory staff
• Acting as a Responsible Individual, managing a small number of analytical projects while ensuring that timelines/targets are adhered to using the planned resources
• Performing all aspects of checking, including IPC (in-process checking), and being proficient in the use of chromatography data systems (e.g., Chromeleon), including calculation generation. The Principal Scientist will also be able to authorize Chromeleon workbooks
• Having regular contact with Team Leaders via e-mails, teleconferences, and face-to-face meetings
• Providing technical review of protocols/project plans and technical input in drafting reports
• Performing routine and non-routine analytical tasks following prescribed methods in accordance with the principles of GMP
The Principal Scientist will work autonomously with minimal day-to-day supervision and be able to plan and organize work for analysts assigned to them. The individual will work under the general supervision of a Senior Team Leader and will be expected to provide technical updates on project progress.
Organisation of Work:
The Principal Scientist will be required to organize analytical/administrative workload for themselves and other members of staff for whom they may provide general supervision. The Principal Scientist will also be expected to have a clear understanding of budget/resource requirements of each project undertaken.
The Principal Scientist will be required to communicate effectively with staff at all levels within the Company. This requires the individual to be an effective communicator with staff at all levels. In addition, there will be the need for client communication under the supervision of the Senior Team Leader/Project Manager.
• PhD in Analytical Chemistry or a related field
• 5+ years of experience in a laboratory setting
• Strong analytical skills and experience with various analytical techniques, including method development and validation
• Experience working with cross-functional teams and departments
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Experience in GMP and GLP environment
• Proficient in the use of chromatography data systems (e.g., Chromeleon)
If you are a highly skilled and motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a dedicated and talented team.