Job title: Process Chemist
Salary: up to 37.5k (D.O.E)
Fantastic opportunity to work for a leading contract research organisation providing services on-site to a multinational FTSE 100 pharmaceutical manufacturing organisation on their Sandwich site. They are looking for an enthusiastic process chemist to join their pharmaceutical product development team.
The successful process chemist will:
- Perform practical synthetic organic chemistry to support new route/reaction design.
- Design and develop reactions, isolations, and purifications.
- Use analytical techniques to characterise practical work (inc. HPLC, NMR, TLC, GC and more).
The successful process chemist will have:
- A degree in chemistry or related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a research and development laboratory setting.
- Theoretical and practical applicational knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Good experience of traditional pharmaceutical analytical techniques.
- Understanding of scale-up facilities.
Keywords: Pharma, pharmaceutical, pharmaceuticals, blue chip, process chemistry, process chemist, synthetic organic chemistry, drug design, isolations, purifications, HPLC, NMR, TLC, GC, scale-up, CRO, product development.