Company Details and Job Overview:
A Project Accountant is required to join a leading financial services organisation in Cumbria. This opportunity will be appointed on a fixed term contract basis of 18 months initially, with potential of permanency for the successful applicant.
The new Project Accountant will become a key player throughout a dedicated period of transformation, supporting Project Managers in their delivery of accurate project cost tracking and forecasting.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• Competitive salary depending on experience
• Annual salary increases
• Hybrid working (1-2 days office working)
• Performance incentive scheme (bonus up to 4%)
• 25 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays
• 1 additional paid day for charity involvement
• Death in service 4 x salary
• Company pension, 5% employer and 4% employee
• IT kit supplied for hybrid working
• Employee assistance access
• Cycle to work scheme
• Excellent working conditions in a brand new refurbished office space
Your New Role as Project Accountant:
As Project Accountant, you will report to the Financial Controller within the change and transformation function of finance and you will utilise business partnering and analytical skills to perform the following duties:
• Production of monthly consolidated project accounts
• Business partnering with Project Managers, handling any queries, challenging where necessary
• Ensuring costs and forecasts are accurately reflected in project trackers
• Capital revenue reviews and sweeps
• Assisting with year end and audit activities
• Identify any areas where controls can be improved
• Ensuring compliance, conducting regular internal audits
• Root cause investigation relating to any financial process failures, providing recommendations to prevent future process failures
• Maintain and improve financial spreadsheets and models
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered, you will be experienced in a project role within finance and demonstrate strong business partnering capability within a change/transformation environment. The successful candidate will have a inquisitive mindset which seeks to identify improvement opportunities rather than accepting ‘as is’. Additionally, strong IT skills are required including good Excel knowledge.
To summarise, this role provides lots of opportunity to add value in a people facing role, business partnering with various stakeholders within the organisation. Whilst this position is initially an 18 month fixed term contract, a longer term or permanent role may become available for the successful individual.
An immediate start is available, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.