Company Details & Job Overview:
Based on the outskirts of Blackburn, this fast paced, highly successful group boast a number of industry awards and are one of the largest business units in the UK. Operating from state of the art offices, within easy commute from the M65, they are seen as a local employer of choice and offer a number of employment benefits. With the opportunity to grow develop and progress, this interim role may well lead to other opportunities in the finance function.
This role is an initial 9m FTC and will require a start within a 4 week period.
Your New Role As Project Accountant:
As Project Accountant, on an initial 9 month contract you shall support multiple statutory audits across the groups subsidiaries. You shall support the group reporting & add value to the statutory requirements, enabling the group to ensure audits and accounts are finalised in a timely and robust manner.
Main role duties:
• Preparing balance sheet reconciliations as required for each audit
• Preparing the reports required for audit testing as requested by the external auditors
• Dealing with enquiries raised by the external auditors including sampling, journal support, analytical review, etc
• Liaising closely with the current Financial Control team to ensure provision of the above information is undertaken in a consistent, efficient & timely manner
• To become the main point of contact with the external auditors for the areas the candidate is given responsibility for
• Working closely with the Senior Project Accountant on all assignments
• Support the upgrade of the SAP system to SAP Stratus
• Other ad hoc projects as required by CFO, Head of Finance or Financial Controller.
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to or amended from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
To be considered you shall hold a minimum 3 years of experience working within a finance function with high volume transactions. With excellent attention to detail and communication skills you shall also have excellent working knowledge of Excel. With relevant qualifications and experience in a similar role you shall have a willingness to learn and be part of a team. Experience working with SAP is an advantage.
Salary And Reward On Offer:
With the offer of an initial 9 month contract you shall gain exposure to the group finance function, this could lead to further exciting opportunities in the group finance function and will provide a platform to grow and develop. With a number of benefits, you shall be rewarded with a competitive salary and rewards package.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.