Project Controls Manager/ North West / £60,000 - £70,000
This leading international Consultancy is enjoying a real period of success and subsequent growth across all of its key European locations and is anticipating a very busy 2022 as such they are looking to add to their Project Controls team with several new projects in the North west about to begin.
As an experienced Project Controls Professional in life sciences or data centres you will establish the required processes, templates and tools, and agree the baseline for cost and schedule, whilst monitoring performance against it and incorporating the impacts of risk, opportunities and change in a controlled manner. In order to do this you will:-
• Identify trends and root causes of deviations against the baseline using lead and lag indicators, recommend remedial actions in order to drive best value for the client.
• Lead the evaluation of the project‘s time, cost, and quality targets, applying governance controls as necessary to enable the successful delivery of the project.
• Cooperate with a remote team of cost managers responsible for reaching an agreed, market tested cost baseline and ensuring the client is receiving value for money.
• Guide and influence the general contractor, ensuring they are progressing in line with the schedule and within agreed cash flow parameters.
• Act as the key point of contact to the client overcoming delivery and commercial issues whilst preparing formal and ad hoc reports focussing on time, cost and quality targets.
• Control costs with your knowledge of conceptual estimating, funding stage gates, basic contingency principals, procurement principals.
• Create and/or work within a cost report, summarizing financials in a executive level dashboard.
• Understand change management principals, lead agreed change management process and work flow, providing a platform for adding/tracking/monitoring/approving change.
• Coordinate and lead planning sessions and workshops with clients and vendors to compile the master project/programme schedule, agreeing baselines and a critical path.
• Understand procurement principals, collate lead times from vendors and client into the master schedule communicate the prioritisation of ordering materials and equipment to meet scheduled install dates.
• Work closely with the client to define vendor schedule requirements.
• Actively participate in project team risk evaluations, incorporating the defined risks into monte carlo to output quantitative impacts to the overall project cost and schedule.
• Work closely with the project team to stay informed on status of project changes, incorporating and communicating these to the project team to allow for approvals in the change management process.
• Hold vendors accountable for required schedule updates and reporting to maintain timely and accurate updates of the master schedule ensuring that the schedules adhere to the defined process and quality expectations.
• Proven experience in project controls coordination in all phases of the project lifecycle including program, risk and reporting with, specialist life sciences or data centre sector experience.
• Demonstrated experience in the ability to determine corrective actions or recommendations based on facts and figures and critically evaluating information and data from various sources.
• Advanced skills in MS Office and Primavera P6
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to providing excellent service.
• Reliable with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
• Strong time management skills, quick thinking and ability to meet project deadlines as necessary.
• Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients and have the ability to work independently.